Wednesday, August 18, 2010

An Unrelated Rant --I'm So Vain?

Okay, I know that in buying a house, planning a wedding, teaching a few classes while working full time, more annoying and potentially stressful things will happen to me, for the moment, I would like to unleash my mental anguish on something frivilous. Thank you.

I know that if you're working at a college campus postal office that the dream probably went awry somewhere between high school and not insisting he use protection, but is it really necessary to be stingy over $.39?

I went to mail a package near the time the post office closes, and I took a dollar. I kind of thought a thin flat package weighing less than a hangnail would be less than a dollar to mail. Negative...it's $1.39. The employee disregarded my frustration and the fact that I was out of breath (as I obviously sped walk to get to the post office like Richard Simmons in a new pair of spandex) and gleefully informed me that the post left at 3:30 p.m. anyway.

Right, well, I'm not too concerned about that...what I'm more concerned about is that I just took 10 minutes out of my day to hoof through the blazing heat to mail a package, and I'm 39 cents short. Show some love, lady.

Would it kill her to say, "I'll cover the fourty cents, and you can get me back next time."? (I have no idea how to punctuate that sentence....) Clearly, it would as I paused for at least 30 seconds before leaving. I mean, it's fourty cents. She spends more than that on Spanx, khaki pants, and Bud Light in a day! (Well, from the looks of it, anyway.) I would have lent someone fourty cents...correction, I would have given someone fourty cents.

So, I walked back to my office, panting, annoyed, and wondering if her bank account was overdrawn by fourty cents (wondering, hoping, whatever...I'm going to have to pray a lot after this, I know).

I suppose though, that's the leverage she gets to exude over others. You do not have adequate money for postage...muahahahaha! Be gone from my den of tedium! Slut.

While the thought of returning tomorrow with 39 cents in pennies did cross my mind, I probably won't do it. (I have more important things to do than to count my rainy day vengance pennies.)So, I'm settling for ranting.

Okay, I'm calmer now.

Thanks for letting me vent, blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment