Monday, August 16, 2010

Pandora's Box --Multitasking at Its Finest

Last night I had a nightmare that it was the day before the wedding, and The Mister and I still hadn't decided on our music for the wedding. (I also dreamed we were getting married in chest-deep water and that The Mister saw me in my wedding gown before the wedding. Chez horrible!) The nightmare prompted me to strike up the Pandora's radio on my computer so I can pick out potential wedding songs while working. (In my dream, I was trying to find something from Vivaldi's Seasons.)

Based on my genre of preferences, I would do well to get married in a Baroque parlor somewhere. (Ironically, as I write a sale for hotels in Roma and Venezia pop into my email...sono persona fortuna!)

Either way, the return of the nightmares about wedding planning are prompting me to act (get off my back, subconscience). What's left to plan? Oh, everything? Check.

In all seriousness, we need to secure the location for the rehearsal dinner, select the invitations, pick out The Mister's tux, find a florist for the wedding party flowers, formally book the reception site, let the bridesmaids know about their dresses, inhale, exhale, rob a bank....

And, of course, figure out the deal for the reception food. Are we going to go rogue and try to fix everything ourselves? Are we going to pay for a service? (Pandora's piano crescendos as I write with increasing fervor.) What are we going to do? Food is important. I should know this as after attending any event, I start by describing the food in loving detail (boring my friends to tears). (I'm a foodie, what can I say!?)

Anyway, so, I guess the dust has adequately settled after my MOH's wedding, so I should get back on the proverbial ball.

Speaking of balls...I feel like I'm in a one-woman work-circus. I look forward to inadvertently starving off 20 lbs this month though, because between the wedding ball, I'm also juggling teaching two online college classes, one traditional college class, volunteering for a grant, possibly working side-jobs on two grants, illustrating something for my boss (no pressure), moving, and getting in the application for my PhD program before time expires on that. Never mind that I would like to finish editing my book since I was (much to my delight) struck with an idea for another book while having a walk the other day.

So, upward and onward...what to do first, I don't know. I think I'll just look forward to dinner for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment