Saturday, June 19, 2010

I Can't Wait to Be SAD (I AM Every Woman)

So, thanks to one of my (fabulous) bride's maids, I was introduced to the Knot.com. The knot...all things wedding. This website covers everything from budget to dress to color scheme to 'thank you for the ergonomic toaster'-card pattern. Yowza.

Once I finished my profile --and hyperventilating into a paper baggie, I was informed that my wedding (March 26, 2011) was 280 days away. Another trip to the bag later, I also learned that I had exactly 373 things left to do and specifically 61 items overdue. Considering we just met, this website knows me awfully well. Although, it's more critical than I would like. The Mister at least acts enthralled with my daily accomplishments/the fact that I've drafted something resembling a guest list. "Wow, baby, that's amazing; you're do so much." (I love it when he lies to my face.) Needless to say, I'm probably in over my head.

So, to get by, I'm channeling inspiration from my childhood...inspiration that shaped me as a person and gave me the same naive optimism that got me through dancing school.

I'm a product of my Ninja Turtles-loving youth (Raphael was my favorite), I genuinely believe the words of every song I listened to falling asleep at night. Since those songs consisted of The Bodyguard soundtrack for more years than anyone would like to remember, I truly believe I'm Every Woman, and it really is all in me. I can have it all, Jack, I can! This is my year. (You know when someone says that, it's automatically necessary they get a pie in the face.) In all seriousness and no more quotes from 30 Rock, I genuinely interpreted Whitney Houston's music to be about the notion that women could be family/career/stylish beauties all in one fell swoop rather than that song actually being about Whitney's personality disorder.

So, with only 280 days to go to SAD day (The Mister's and my combined initials), can I do it? Can I be every woman? Will the Knot.com help me get there or will it be my undoing? Is it ironic that my SAD day will be the happiest of my life? And what will happen to Whitney?

No comments:

Post a Comment